The Mission, Values, and Goals at New Life
“God’s Rejoicing” Wouldn’t it be marvelous if each time God thought about New Life and the faith-filled activities happening with her people, God was tickled with joyfulness?
“To Know Ourselves as Christ Knows Us” Christ knows us and our full potential. Our mission is to be so spiritually equipped that we have the same knowledge.
Our Core Values
We believe that what follows are the essential values that God has instilled in the people gathering, called New Life. They are foundational to what we believe and do. We come to know ourselves as Christ knows us by “Loving God” “Loving People” “Building Christian Community” “Growing Spiritually” and “Sharing Christ” and through the excitement of our expanding faith, God rejoices.
- Loving God - we believe that, as Christ’s followers, we are continually encouraged into a profound experience and renewed understanding of the power of God’s love for us and the privilege of our love for God. We love God. Scripture: Matthew 22:37 - You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
- Loving People - we believe that because of God’s eternal and essential love for us, we are moved to share the same love with others,. In doing so, God’s love for us becomes even more apparent. We love people. Scripture: 1 John 4:7, 12 - Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. If we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
- Building Christian Community- we believe that, through the joy of discovering and using our spiritual gifts, we function as a unified community for the purpose of giving honor to God. We are a Christian community. Scripture: Romans 15:5-6 - May the God of steadfastness and encouragement grant you to live in harmony with one another, in accordance with Christ Jesus, so that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Growing Spiritually - we believe that we are called into a “transformational relationship” with our Lord. As we deepen our experience of God, becoming more spiritually mature, our lives are changed and we find ourselves living the way that God has always intended. We are spiritual beings. Scripture: Colossians 3:15-16 - Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of the one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of God dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearFts to God.
- Sharing Jesus - we believe that our lives reflect to others the presence of God’s glorious spirit. We are living witnesses of the presence and power of Jesus. We share Jesus. Scripture: Matthew 5:16 - let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. Matthew 28:18-20 - And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
We fulfill God’s vision for us through our Mission and Goals
- By Intentional Disciple Making
- Through our Celebrations Together.
- As we strengthen our Familial Relationships